This Year's Project: Support to Disadvantaged Children
Mid-Sioux is a private non-profit established in 1965. Our services target disadvantaged persons in Lyon, Sioux, Plymouth, Cherokee and Ida counties. Child Care Resource and Referral services are provided in 23 counties including Woodbury. Services provided by Mid-Sioux include: Energy Assistance (LIHEAP), Weatherization, Outreach, Family Development & Self-Sufficiency, Crisis Assistance, Head Start, Early Head Start, Child/Adult Care Food Program, Child Care Resource & Referral, W.I.C., Maternal/Child/Adolescent Health, I-Smile, Hawk-I Outreach, and others. The agency is governed by a 15 member board of directors. Administrative costs are less than 10% of the total budget. Funds from the Big Give will be used to assist children served in various programs offered by Mid-Sioux.
Current Project: Support to Disadvantaged Children
Funds recieved from the Big Give will be used in the following ways:
1. Head Start & Early Head Start pre-school services will use 1/3 of the funds recieved to offset the costs of transporting children to and from centers.
2. Health programs will utilize 1/3 of the funds to assist in the provision of dental services for disadvantaged children.
3. Child care services will use 1/3 of the funds recieved to assist child care centers with training costs for their staff.
None of the funds recieved will be used for administrative costs.
* Each year 277 children are served in agency pre-school programs including Head Start and Early Head Start.
* Last fiscal year 6,500 oral health screenings were provided to chlidren through Mid-Sioux.
* Child Care Resource & Referral provides support to over 780 child care providers having over 21,000 child care slots.